Garage fire reported Sunday afternoon

ON SCENE–Pictured are Red Bud and Hecker Firemen on scene at Sunday’s garage fire. Photo courtesy of the Republic-Times.

About 4:24 p.m. on Sunday, March 29 the Red Bud Fire Department was called out for a garage fire.

Fire Chief Sean Landgraf noted that the call was for a garage attached to a home on Lakeshore Drive, off of Russell Drive west of Red Bud. 

“When I arrived, the fire had burnt through the front corner of the garage wall and was spreading into the garage attic,” he noted. “Red Bud responded with four trucks and we received a mutual aid tanker with manpower from Hecker.”

Landgraf noted that no one was injured in the fire as everyone was out of the home. However, “the garage and one vehicle are a loss, but we kept the fire from extending into the house. 

As of March 30, there was no official cause for the fire, but Landgraf added that evidence points towards a small battery charger overheating.