The Baldwin Athletic Club (BAC) was started in 1946 by a group of men who wanted to promote athletics in the Baldwin area, as well as support the town.
They helped sponsor the annual Baldwin Homecoming from its inception. In 1956 they purchased land on the north edge of Baldwin and built a ball diamond.
In 1957 the clubhouse was built. In 1974 the club donated some of their ground to the village for a park. They also erected the lights for the remodeled ball diamond.
For more on the Baldwin Athletic Club, please see this week’s print edition.